Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 7: This blog is the only way I know what day it is

We started the day off with a workout at the local Muay Thai gym . We should have just sat outside... We started class already dripping with sweat and we had two more hours of it.

In Canada we show up about 15 minutes before class starts and I thought we lived on island time. We did 15 minutes of skipping with a rope that weighed about 2 lbs. I'm not much of a skipper so when that thing hits the toes... OUCH. The floor was concrete but a thin layer of carpet was over top of it so it can burn the feet... lovely... NOT. We did similar drills but everything we did was different from our teachings, some things I will take back with me other I will not. The end of the session was 2 rounds of 15 minutes each of Pad Work 1on1 with a trainer(in Canada its only 3 minutes rounds). Tonnes of fun. I have only done that once at our gym. Overall it was a great experience. We both have never worked out that hard ever! We are headed to another Gym recommended by a friend on the southern tip of Ko Pha Ngan. Tomorrow will be tough to drag my self out of bed.

After the morning workout we went for our last meal in Thong Sala - Khunpen Thai. We went to the same place three times cause the food was unreal. We had fried pineapple with rice and chicken and my spiciest dish yet. Thai spicy is what I said and that is what I got - 7 red chillies and 2 green ones. Delicious!




Heading to Haad Rin we stopped at Blue Hill Resort. The property is on the side of the cliff. It is so steep they have an elevator that moves at a 45 degree angle up and down the mountain side - almost like a gondola. Food here is expensive $7 for grilled barracuda or shark (should I try it???). We are starting to think of prices relative to Thailand not Canada as we have been eating for $2-3 per meal. Our villa was $15 cheaper as we opted out of the breakfast. Location was key in this resort so we picked closest to the infinity pool and the ocean. We upgraded to the villa for a total of $33!



Tonight we headed into Haad Rin for dinner. The town that is famous for its full moon party was dead and disappointing. The food was great - Chelsea actually enjoyed the Paneng Curry I had that she traded me her dish Basil Chicken - that was good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment